Development Land
What We Can Do For You

Experienced & Specialist knowledge

WebbPaton are Development Land Consultants who act throughout  Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire.    

We have specialist knowledge and know the senior planning officers at:

  • Vale of White Horse District Council – VWHDC
  • Swindon Borough Council – SBC
  • Wiltshire Council – WC
  • West Oxfordshire District Council – WODC
  • Milton Keynes Borough Council – MKBC
  • South Oxfordshire District Council – SODC
  • West Berkshire District Council – WBDC
  • Cotswold District Council – CDC
  • South Gloucestershire Council – SGC
  • Stroud District Council – SDC
  • Bath and North East Somerset District Council – B&NES

WebbPaton act for farmers and smallholders,  and landowners who own just a paddock.   We regularly sell large green field residential development land sites with outline planning permission that are on Promotional Agreements. 


We have 2 or 3 developers a week visiting our offices looking for land with planning permission or future potential land around towns and villages which have short term prospects (normally under 5 years) or long term strategic land (between 5 to 20 years).  We have acted for clients in development schemes ranging from 1 dwelling to 12,000 dwellings.  Over the years we have put together Landowner Consortiums in order to deliver large scale town expansions.

We do not turn away clients who have good quality sites even if they are not allocated in the Local Plan.  Many sites start with just the landowner and WebbPaton believing it is suitable for development.  We then promote this land first of all by talking to the planning officers, then promoting through the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment, Neighbourhood Plan, draft Local Plans and Local Plan Examinations in Public.

In order to attract developer and promoter interest we identify the constraints and address highway, ecological, landscape impact, third party land requirements, archaeological, and public perception problems.  Once we have enough ticks in the boxes we then progress to a planning application or negotiate the Heads of Terms for our farming clients so they can enter into an Option Agreement with a housebuilder or a Promotional Agreement with a residential development land promoter who is willing to pay and promote at their risk the site through the planning system.

We also help our rural land owning clients with planning applications for:

Residential development sites in villages
Town expansions
New villages
Building plots
Farmyard developments
Barn conversions
Agricultural workers dwellings
Permitted development rights to convert farm buildings to residential