The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government has announced changes to permitted development rights for agri buildings which will come into effect from 6th April 2018:
1. An increase in the size of new agri buildings from a max of 465 sq m to a max of 1000 sq m.
2. An amended development right for the conversion of agri buildings to residential use to allow:…
* up to 3 homes of up to 465 sq m each, or
* up to 5 homes of up to 100 sq m each, or
* a mix of larger and smaller homes, up to a max of 5 units with a max of 3 larger homes (max 465 sq m each).
It is not yet clear whether this amended right will entirely replace the existing Class Q.
As always, if you need any help please call us on 01793 842055.