BBC Radio Wiltshire are holding a discussion on Rhiannon Fitz-Gerald’s programme Wild About Wiltshire this coming Sunday 25th March at 12.00 about how life may turn out for farmers and farming after we leave the EU. The panel includes farmer and local councillor James Sheppard and Mark Webb of WebbPaton Rural and Commercial Surveyors and Land Agents.
The programme will be available afterwards on the BBC iPlayer Radio.
The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government has announced changes to permitted development rights for agri buildings which will come into effect from 6th April 2018:
1. An increase in the size of new agri buildings from a max of 465 sq m to a max of 1000 sq m.
2. An amended development right for the conversion of agri buildings to residential use to allow:…
* up to 3 homes of up to 465 sq m each, or
* up to 5 homes of up to 100 sq m each, or
* a mix of larger and smaller homes, up to a max of 5 units with a max of 3 larger homes (max 465 sq m each).
It is not yet clear whether this amended right will entirely replace the existing Class Q.
As always, if you need any help please call us on 01793 842055.